Re: [Denemo-devel] querry about missing measures and more about hidden s

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] querry about missing measures and more about hidden staves
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:25:42 +0000

On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 15:35 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Whole measure rests are real rests! What is tricky is that they look
> the
> same in all time signatures, but they aren't interchangeable. They
> need
> updating if you have changed the time signature in which they are
> found
> - you can right-click on them to update them

well, you have to choose Edit Directives after right clicking, so it is
easier just to hit the space bar which will re-calculate the whole
measure rest.
I have realized that we have a good opportunity to make the Denemo
display communicate what the whole measure rest is better even than the
typeset score: I have fixed the display so it now tells exactly how much
rest is meant by that centered-whole-note-rest. So now it is clear if
you change a time signature before a whole measure rest that the whole
measure rest is wrong.

>  - before you correct them
> the bars will turn red or blue if as they are no longer valid.

this is true except if the whole measure rest is at the end, where
partial measures are allowed....