Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:08:14 +0000

On Sun, 2014-12-07 at 19:34 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard and everyone,
>
>     I'm working with some dynamic staves on a string quartet. They
> typeset beautifully in the score layout-but not when I typeset each
> part. How do I get the dynamics to print in the parts?

You need to name the dynamics staff with the same name as the main
staff. Print Part really means "Print all staffs with the same name as
the current staff".
I've added a bug report to the list for this - thank you! Clearly
Dynamics staffs should always be named for some other staff, how on
earth is the poor user to know this?

To name the staff you can click on the green area where the staff name
appears above the initial clef, or choose Staff/Voices->Staff
Properties->Built-in Staff Properties, or press Alt-Return. Then change
the name of the staff to match (exactly!) the staff it belongs to.

Richard