Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves

From: Ellen Schwindt
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:07:42 -0500

Hi Richard et al,
   The work is going better now that you found the error;thank you! But I want to ask some obvious questions about the testing methods you suggested. I'm running denemo 1.2.0-0.mingw

I changed to page view (using Esc) and zoomed out with Ctrl-mouse-wheel
and dragged the system separator red bar until I could see your entire
score in teeny-weeny size on the screen. I could see one red bar, so I
zoomed in on that and, sure enough at bar 48 in Violin 2 dynamics you
have a dotted quarter note where you meant a simple quarter note.
Ctrl-dot removes that and it then typeset ok

So when I push escape in the display view I get to a screen that says create music snippet--is that what you mean by page view?

You could have found it (the error) with
Staffs->Adjust Measure Lengths, if you set Return on that command then
you can just press Return three times to check for any wrong measure
lengths in the current staff. I see that it is requiring measures with a
time-signature change to be completed, which is annoying, but that would
have found the problem for you.

I couldn't find this command in the Staffs list. My list includes:
Capture Score
Change Staff
Staff Groupings
Ossia
Cross Staff Arpeggio
Fix Slurs
Multi-measure rests
Fill empty measures
delete empty measures
Playback
simplify ties
tiny staff in all movements.

what am I missing?

Thanks as always--I might make my deadline :)
-Ellen

I changed to page view (using Esc) and zoomed out with Ctrl-mouse-wheel
and dragged the system separator red bar until I could see your entire
score in teeny-weeny size on the screen. I could see one red bar, so I
zoomed in on that and, sure enough at bar 48 in Violin 2 dynamics you
have a dotted quarter note where you meant a simple quarter note.
Ctrl-dot removes that and it then typeset ok.

Ok, so much for the error, Check Score would detect that, but it is
stopping with a (spurious?) time signature not at start of bar error and
so never getting to tell you about this. You could have found it with
Staffs->Adjust Measure Lengths, if you set Return on that command then
you can just press Return three times to check for any wrong measure
lengths in the current staff. I see that it is requiring measures with a
time-signature change to be completed, which is annoying, but that would
have found the problem for you.
I'll improve the score checking routines for the next release.

Richard