[Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation

From: Dan MacDonald
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:41:06 +0000

Hi denemo list!

I'm looking for an app to notate some drum music and so I'm hoping denemo can do what I want.

Part of writing drum music involves me very frequently changing the notehead type - I'd want to do this multiple times with every new bar. I've worked out how to change the notehead but only for one note at a time. How do I either change the notehead of multiple selected notes and/or how do I change the notehead for notes to be entered? Ideally I'd be able to switch between the 4 different noteheads with a single key press.

Once I've got over that hill, I'm hoping denemo will offer me a way to map my drum notation to the correct channel and notes required to correctly trigger a GM-aligned drum kit sf2 so that I need not edit or create a soundfont to match my chosen notation. Is this a feature?

Thanks for your help!