Re: [Denemo-devel] page numbers

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] page numbers
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:32:06 +0000

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 08:01 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:

> [...]
>         >

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=actions/menus/ObjectMenu/Score/Typesetter/FirstPageNumber.xml;hb=754b066102bf0d8b438c05725e4146697b3a7472
>         >
>         >

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=actions/menus/ObjectMenu/Score/Typesetter/PrintFirstPageNumber.scm;hb=754b066102bf0d8b438c05725e4146697b3a7472
>         >
>         >

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=actions/menus/ObjectMenu/Score/Typesetter/PrintFirstPageNumber.xml;hb=754b066102bf0d8b438c05725e4146697b3a7472
>         >
>         >
>         >         I posted instructions for using such new commands on
>         >         denemo.org at
>         >         http://www.denemo.org/faq/
>         >
>         >         under the question:
>         >
>         >         "How do you get new commands?"
>         >
>         >         Let me know if these instructions don't work for
>         you!
>         >
>         >         Richard
>         >
>         >
>         >         > I'm also curious if there is a way to start with a
>         page
>         >         number other
>         >         > than 1 in case of front matter being inserted from
>         another
>         >         source than
>         >         > denemo.
>         >         >
>         >         > thank you,
>         >         >
>         >         > -Ellen
>         >         >
>         >         > _______________________________________________
>         >         > Denemo-devel mailing list
>         >         > address@hidden
>         >         >
>         https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/denemo-devel
>         >
>         >

>         >Hello Richard,
>
>         I did successfully import the new commands for page number and
>         print first page number when I used the "More Commands"
>         selection under the Typesetter menu. When I used the
>         instructions at denemo.org and thus "My Commands"  the program
>         did ask me whether I wanted to load only shortcuts to which I
>         replied no, but then no new commands appeared in the menu.
>

> I tried the More Commands process for Install Cue because that script
> wasn't working in my program. This time, the Install cue did appear in
> the menu, but I got the message "can't locate Install Cue.SCM.   I
> tried replacing this script, but that did not make the program see
> it.
>

> I'm attaching the Install Cue files I have--are they wrong somehow?

The InstallCue.scm and InstallCue.xml are correct. Loading command files
from an arbitrary folder appears to be broken :( , but as you found they
can be loaded by placing them in the appropriate folder. I've updated
the instructions on the website to reflect this - thank you.

You didn't explain in what way InstallCue is broken - I noticed in the
case of the dotted eighth note in the Cello the cue was from the Viola
part that does not have notes of the same duration, so you must expect
something bad to happen (you are asking LilyPond to cue in notes of a
certain duration from a part which has notes that extend beyond that
duration). I'm not sure what might be a good method for this case - you
could do it "by hand" - use small notes - but you would have a place
where the cue and the main music became polyphony - not impossible, but
needing an extra voice I guess.

Richard