Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 10:24:42 +0100

On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 10:57 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 14.04.2015 um 10:49 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 10:25 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> >> I see. Without having any knowledge about Denemo's internals, I would
> >> surmise that for each built-in Scheme command there is a C function that
> >> imlements it. Is that true? And if yes, can I use those C functions
> >> directly? That would be a fourth, more elegant way.
> >
> > but those functions take parameters of the opaque type SCM which are
> > created by Guile, the Scheme interpreter we use and return SCM values...
>
> I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. Does that mean that the
> functionality is not modularised from the Scheme interface?

I'm not sure what "modularised" means here. The built-in commands (which
*could* be called straight from C) have a scheme wrapper around them,
but most useful commands are in src/scripting/scheme-callbacks.c and
they unpack the scheme parameter(s), do what is needed and then create a
SCM return value.

> So on the bottom line you recommend to use Scheme?

yes