Re: [Denemo-devel] Inserting a tremolo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Inserting a tremolo
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:06:23 +0100

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 12:35 -0400, Cantor Stuart Binder wrote:
> Please forgive the newbie question, but (as a complete Denemo
> beginner) I can’t work out how to add a tremolo. I’ve gone through the
> manual,

Unfortunately the manual is very out of date :(

>  but I don’t have enough experience with the program to make sense of
> it. If someone would be kind enough to walk me through the steps to
> add a tremolo symbol to a score,

The searching for commands has been much improved - what I write below
refers to searches using the latest development - the search is more
finicky in the last release.

I opened the Command Center (Under the View Menu) and typed Tremolo into
the search box. It found a command called "Tremolo" and the description
box contained this:

"Follow with a duration key for the subdivisions required: prints the
note at the cursor with the tremolo marking.
Location: ObjectMenu->NotesRests"

That's a little bit cryptic (sorry!), it's telling you that the command
is to be found in the Object Menu Bar (that's the one with all the
objects, Score, Movement, Staff ...) under the Notes/Rests menu.
Looking in that menu I see that there is a shortcut l,l for this command
and that once invoked you must type a key 3, 4 ... for the duration to
divide the note at the cursor. (3 is the eighth note, 4 the sixteenth
etc as in setting the duration).

>  I’m sure I’ll be able to figure out the rest for myself. (And
> speaking of rests, I haven’t figured out how to hide one yet, but
> that’s another story).

Well the search "Non-printing rest" got me those commands, they are in
the Notes/Rests->Insert Rest menu, called "spacers" there.

Are you still experiencing crashes? Please give feedback if so - I
really hate to think that we have a bad version of Denemo out there!

Richard