Re: [Denemo-devel] Barlines, repeats and voltas

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Barlines, repeats and voltas
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:34:32 +0200

Ok thank you for those answers. I will continue my importer then and ignores that the midi played is not what I expect.
What do you think of making barlines (and special endings) some denemo objects instead of lilypond ones. So when we would play the midi, it would just produce the expected sounds without further command ? I saw some old pieces of code in relation.

On Sat, 2015-04-25 at 08:20 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 23:05 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 15:46 -0500, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am currently working on a NoteworthyComposer file importer when I
> > > have some free time. It works pretty well so far, I can open files and
> > > do a lot of stuff. I am blocking on repeats, voltas (1st, 2nd endings
> > > etc.), and non-classic barlines, especially because I don't understand
> > > some things in denemo.
> > So these are all Denemo Directives, created by scripts such as
> > d-RepeatEnd which looks like this:
> >
> > ;;RepeatEnd
> > (StandAloneSelfEditDirective (cons "RepeatEnd" "\\bar \":|.\"") #f "RepeatEnd")
> > (d-DirectivePut-standalone-gx "RepeatEnd" 10)
> > (d-MoveCursorRight)
> >

> Actually, this has made me think that the discussions on the mailing
> list with Andreas concerning his CapXML importer:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/denemo-devel/2015-04/msg00061.html
> are highly relevant here: if you are generating a .denemo format file
> from C you will have to embed the current LilyPond syntax for RepeatEnd
> in your C code (or avoid doing so by some to-be-invented route).
>
> So this is a more powerful argument

This is not completely black-and-white however - there is a whole bunch
of hard-coded LilyPond syntax for all the built-ins, and about six or
seven years ago we did have to alter it when they made a big shift from
prefix to postfix for slur markers. But generally we would like to keep
the embedded LilyPond syntax to core things.

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »