Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo danish translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo danish translation
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:51:38 +0100

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 15:22 +0100, Joe Dalton wrote:
> Hi, I have started the translation for Danish regarding Denemo.
>
> Is it possible to get the latest version 2.2 on TP,
>  the version is 1.2.1-rc1 and the latest release is 1.2.2 according to the
> website.

I think this is just a convention for the meaning of version numbers -
1.2.1 means a development version, in this case it will be the version
immediately before the release - the intention is that it is the pot
file for the 1.2.2 release (I always send the potfile and then wait a
couple of weeks before finally building the version with the
translations included).

> And a few questions/typos in English:
>
> #: ../src/core/utils.c:281
> msgid ""
> "This indicates the the LilyPond typsetter is still working on setting the
> Denemo score. This can take a long time, particularly for polyphony where
> voices must not collide. You can continue editing while the typsetting is
> taking place.\n"
> "Kill this window if you want to re-start the typesetting e.g. after fixing a
> mistake you just spotted."
>
> typsetter -> typesetter
> typsetting -> typesetting
>

> #: ../src/core/view.c:2445
> msgid ""
> "Hold Modifier Keys, Engage Caps or Num Lock\n"
> "and click here to set shorcut."
>
> shorcut -> shortcut
>
> #: ../src/core/view.c:4497
> msgid ""
> "The music between the red and green bars is played in a loop.\n"
> "You can edit the music while it is playing\n"
> "monitoring your changes."
>
> don't really understand what is going on here is it
>
> #: ../src/core/view.c:4497
> msgid ""
> "The music between the red and green bars is played in a loop.\n"
> "You can edit the music while it is playing/\n"        <--------------- /
> "monitoring your changes."

I've expanded the explanation here.

> "Starts playing and simultaneously records from MIDI in.\n"
> "Once a recording is made it is played back with the score when you press
> Play.\n"
> "It can be deleted with the Delete button or converted to notation with
> Convert\n"
> ".A MIDI recording is not saved with the Denemo score."
>
> 80-limit?

With the GTK library Denemo is using the tooltip box just carries on
expanding off the screen if the lines are too long. Hence the \n's.

> . ends up on the next line and no space before A
>

> #: ../src/core/view.c:4699
> msgid ""
> "This is the Denemo Display for the music you have entered. See the print
> view window for the typeset appearance.  The blue lozenge is the Denemo
> Cursor - it turns red when when the bar is full or green if you are inserting
> in a bar.Overfull/Underfull bars are colored red/blue, use the Upbeat
> (Anacrusis, Pickup) command if that is intentional.\n"
> "You can switch to a menu-less view or a page-view using the Esc key. For the
> paged view you drag the red bar up the page to set how many systems you want
> showing.For the paged view you will probably want a smaller zoom - use
> Control+scroll-wheel on your mouse to zoom the display.\n"
> "Many commands operate on the object at the Denemo cursor. Right-click on an
> object to get a short menu of actions or set the mouse input mode.\n"
> "Shift-Right-click for more objects to insert."
>
> no space
>
>  bar.Overfull/Underfull  ->  bar. Overfull/Underfull
>

> #: ../src/generated/entries.h:18 ../src/generated/register_commands.h:17
> msgid "Moves the cursor to the staff below  without altering selection"
>
> two spaces

Thanks for these - I've put fixes for all of them in git now. We are
close to 1.2.4, I'll be sure to send the potfile to TP in good time for
translators to update.
... and thanks for the translation!