[Denemo-devel] [bug #45493] Key signature dialog hiccup

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #45493] Key signature dialog hiccup
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 21:32:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #45493 (project denemo):

Distinguishing between major and, say, dorian is the same as distinguishing
major and minor. So if you say d dorian has the same accidentials as c major
so that you don't need the option, then the same argument applies for c major
and a minor, i.e. you don't need a selection of the mode at all. If this is
what you prefer, then the dialog should contain one field to choose the
accidential (or alternatively a graphical representation of the circle of
fiths), i.e. ..., bbb, bb, b, 0, #, ##, ###, ...
Lilypond however makes the distiction in the key signature, i.e. you can
choose between major, ionian, dorian, phrygian, lydian, mixolydian, aeolian,
and minor. See
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#key-signature

At the moment, the key chooser seems to remember the last chosen entry for
both major and minor while the dialog is active. For example, when I select G
major and then click on minor, the selector jumps to A (minor). Clicking again
on major re-produces G major. If I go back to minor and select D, going back
to major again produces the G.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45493>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/