Re: [Denemo-devel] voicing question and drum clef question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] voicing question and drum clef question
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:23:26 +0100

On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 09:30 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard, Jeremiah and everyone else,     I'm working on a score
> with two percussion parts to be printed in one staff. I wonder if it's
> possible to institute the voicing partway through the score so that
> some measures--those with all rests in them--appear with only one
> voice. I've attached my denemo file and the pdf it made as examples.

I think you have fallen into the trap of phrasing your question as "can
I use this solution?" rather than "how do I do this?".

Where you have two parts and one or both are resting then it is quite
normal to only print one set of rests. The simplest (perhaps) is to make
the rests in one voice non-printing (look up commands for spacer or
non-printing rests). Alternatively in Staffs/Voices->Voices there is a
command Merge Rests to turn merging of rests on.