Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 16:32:33 +0000

On Sun, 2015-10-25 at 17:00 +0100, Lars Björnfot wrote:

> >> The only problem I had is it hanged, with a modal dialog behind another
> >> window. Could see part of it but no chance to click it.
> >
> >Was this while in one of the new property editors? (Score Properties
> >Editor, Staff Properties Editor ...). When you execute a command inside
> >those then the command may run a non-modal dialog which you can't
> >interact with before dismissing the editor window. I've tried to get rid
> >of these but some may be lurking.
> >If it is some other scenario that you can reproduce I would be grateful
> >for details...
>
> I managed to reproce it (see screenshot).
>
> I adjusted the slurs in the Print window.
> The dialog with instructions is on top. It has a disabled Close button. The X
> Close button in the title bar also does nothing.
> The dialog below
What was the message in this dialot - I see it ends with "Hint?"
Is it perhaps "Repeat Slur Positioning Hint?"
That shouldn't be appearing while the "Now drag the ..." dialog is still
on the screen. I've tried to find a way of getting that without success.
Can you explain your sequence of operations?

>  it has Yes/No buttons but is partly hidden.
>
> One idea might be to show the instructions inside the Print window, in a
> fixed place like at the bottom.
> Avoiding the popup completely... :-)

yes, I think that is a good idea, some of the modern platforms don't
like popup windows at all.

Bye the way, how did the Informational Dialog "Now drag the
begin/end...." come to be so tall and narrow? I can't reshape it like
that! It seems to be allowing only one word per line.