Re: [Denemo-devel] Darwin externals

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Darwin externals
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:28:42 +0000

On Mon, 2015-11-16 at 10:40 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> In darwin, I think it may be better to launch an external with open
> instead of an application name.
> So instead of doing:
> firefox docs.html
> you would do:
> open docs.html
>
> Would you like me to create a patch for this?

That would be good - I think we open Windows externals by file
association (well, we did at one time) - it means people don't have to
set the names of the applications they use in Preferences->Externals
(and, so I suppose these should be disabled on those platforms).
This doesn't apply to LilyPond though, as naive users will want the
internal version to be run with no file association set and
sophisticated users will want to be able to control which version of
LilyPond is invoked via the Preferences.