Re: [Denemo-devel] note-head type question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] note-head type question
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 08:08:30 +0000

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 16:34 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 09:36 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> >> Is it possible to have a notehead that has an oval like a normal
> >> notehead AND a cross inside it? I'm trying to indicate to string
> >> players that they need to use their voices to making a shhhhh sound
> >> and this is what I'd like it to look like. Other ideas are most
> >> welcome!
> >
> > I would guess the LilyPonders would come up with something for this, but
> > you could do something rather simple: create a second voice which has
> > the same notes but cross notehead.
>
> If you have a way to select a "cross" notehead, you should be able to
> select "xcircle" as notehead style too.

When this thread started the "cross" notehead was available compiled in
to Denemo's C code, probably reflecting the noteheads that LilyPond had
ten or fifteen years ago. Anything newer would have required looking up
the LilyPond syntax and inserting it. Since then I added a Scheme script
covering all the currently available noteheads, and this will mean that
tracking LilyPond in this respect can be done without re-compiling
Denemo.