[Denemo-devel] Entering notes at keyboard

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Entering notes at keyboard
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:55:34 +0000

Hi Richard,
When I open an old Denemo 12/11/15
and start a new file I can press 2 for a crotchet at the cursor position, then b for a crotchet one note above, then , to make the b drop an octave and ' to bring it back up again. With acoustic feedback.

Using the 2/12/15 version I have currently loaded
2 leaves the cursor unchanged, b moves it up one, ' up an octave and , down an octave. But No notes are input or changed. To input a note I must press Insert. and then neither comma or apostrophe change its octave.

Have I done something inadvertently to the default file loaded when a new file is created?
I can use Input>PcKeyboard>NoteNAmesDefaultAction (and Numbers Default Action)
so that numbers and letters do as I would expect.
And I can edit Notes/Rests>Append/EditNote>OctaveUp to accept an apostrophe ( as the 12/11/15 version shows in blue next to the command. And do the same for the comma to get Octave down)

But I don't want to have to do this EVERY time I start a new piece. So how do I make the new version default to the old conditions? Open a file, set the letters/numbers/comma/apostrophe as I want and use that as my starting file? Or is tyhere another way?

Best wishes