[Denemo-devel] fluidsynth queue full messages (was Re: producing scores

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] fluidsynth queue full messages (was Re: producing scores of chants)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 09:48:49 +0100

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 22:27 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> But, all this depends on getting Denemo working on your machine ...
> there is no earthly reason fludisynth should be complaining about a
> full
> queue, as nothing has been output until you try to play back...

Well, as reported another email, I have discovered the circumstance in
which this happens - it is when another instance of Denemo is already
running (or so it seems). We could perhaps detect this and not try to
create the audio threads in that case, as Denemo hogs the audio...

Any other ideas? Why does Denemo hog the audio? Do all such programs?