[Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?

From: Bernard Bourdillon
Subject: [Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 17:57:55 +0100

Dear Denemo-devel
A friend of mine had a webchat with you earlier (DenemoGuest8) and you kindly offered to look at my enquiry.
Apologies: I'm not linux literate.
I've installed Denemo 2.0.6. (to replace 1.0.1) on my 64-bit pc running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. As explained by DenemoGuest8 (and under his guidance) I downloaded the recommended binary distro and installed the i386 emulation layer for Ubuntu and the program runs. However I cannot get any playback audio (it records satisfactorily) and I cannot get it to see my printer. I can print from the print preview via saving a pdf so the playback audio is the most important thing.

In relation to the audio I have tried various combinations of setting in Audio and Midi preferences, but I don't know what I'm doing.

Both playback and printing worked satisfactorily under Denemo 1.0.1.
Some ingredients of my computer's audio system are PulseAudio volume control and Soundblaster.

Are you able to help me?

All the best

Bernard