Re: [Denemo-devel] The overnight builds

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The overnight builds
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:09:33 +0100

On Mon, 2016-06-06 at 10:01 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> It appears that gub has been building against aubio 3 not aubio 4. I
> did not realize this before. I was confused because I have to build
> files libaubio.py and aubio.py. The problem is that gub uses python
> 2.4 and and waf (this is used to build aubio4) does not support python
> 2.4. I am trying to see if I can upgrade python to get this to build.
> I had to downgrade python from 2.6 at one point because it was not
> building lilypond. I am looking into upgrading python back to 2.6.

With the latest commits I get the default build failing with this:

audio/pitchrecog.o: In function `aubio_finish':
/home/rshann/git-denemo/localbuild/src/../../denemo/src/audio/pitchrecog.c:115:
undefined reference to `del_fvec'

By configuring with --enable-aubio it built ok but selecting
Input->Input Audio caused the program to hang on a pthread_join() call
(from src/audio/audiocapture.c:326 when it is trying to stop the port
audio stream before setting it up). I've checked back and this is
happening to older binaries I have built for Debian, so it may not be a
recent regression. I only use the microphone input myself regularly from
a Windows laptop. It has been working fine up until now from your
overnight builds.

Richard