Re: [Denemo-devel] Overnight Windows build failed

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Overnight Windows build failed
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:38:43 +0100

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 20:50 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> The mingw build is gtk 3.6.5.

yes, I realized this overnight, that is why the build has failed again
this morning. It is some conditional about the Evince library version
that is needed to get the build working again. I'll try and dig it out.

>  The glib version used is 2.43.4.The only binary using gtk2 is the
> darwin build. This is because the fonts don't all show in gtk3 for
> darwin. It is only a problem for the pallets and tooltips I believe.

That is to say, tooltips are worse in Gtk3 (turned off in Denemo after
version 3.10) and palettes worse in Gtk2 (no rectangular palettes). Gtk3
is unstable and is increasingly concentrating on small portable devices
making it increasingly difficult to use for large complex programs
requiring lots of screen space.

Richard