Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac OS version required for current Denemo?

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac OS version required for current Denemo?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 11:02:04 +0200

Hi

These are very useful informations. I guess they are in the README that I did not read, but it would probably be a good thing to include a note beside the download link, as it is a bit upsetting to wait so long for Denemo to start up not knowing what is going on.

On Fri, 2016-06-24 at 22:18 -0700, J Rethorst wrote:
> Sorry again! Denemo decided to start after all. It took a few tries, and I had started LilyPond a few times.

I think your problem was perhaps twofold:

1) Denemo binaries come complete, internally, with a version of
LilyPond.
2) Denemo hangs around a *long* time on first invocation while the
(internal) LilyPond caches fonts.

You can use an external LilyPond via the Edit->Change
Preferences->Externals
the one shipped internally is the latest stable LilyPond. Starting up
one externally while the internal one is busy caching fonts might be a
problem (the caching is version dependent I think).

> Glad to be able to use what looks like great software.

I'm going to be away from the Internet for a week, but happy to help on
my return - the latest Denemo 2.0.10 is ready for testing - see website.

Richard