Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with text

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with text
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:02:28 +0100

On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 07:15 +0100, Joe and Angela Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> When I try to add text to a score (with the latest version downloaded
> today, also yesterday) I get a message saying that file
> TextAnnotation.scm can't be located.

This will be because you are following the development versions, which
don't change version number each time you upload a new version. Which
mostly is ok, but whenever I  tidy up the menus by moving commands in
the menu system people get left with something odd.
I'm pretty sure you just need to re-load the system Default.commands as
follows:

View->Command Center
Click "Load a Standard Command Set"
then select Default.commands from the (over-long) list of files.
When asked if you just want the short cuts say no, you want the
(re-arranged) commands.
Then all should be well.
(Well, I think it is possible that you may find TextAnnotation in two
places in the menu system, the new and the old, but only the new will
work. I think you can fix this too by clicking Save As Default Command
Set).

Let me know if there is a problem.