Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with text

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with text
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:41:50 +0100

On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 09:52 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> It has also tidied up the Transpose on print mechanisms that I was
> finding a little confusing.

Can we sort this out?

> Using the ones in Score, the messages are still somewhat inconsistent
> -
> Text version mentions Global, the Graphical the whole score, for
> example.

where are these things mentioned?

> Using the ones in Staff are much easier (if you simply want to allow
> for
> a capo in some guitar chords).

that's a separate transpose for each staff. The one under Score is for
all staffs in all movements. Of course for a very simple score with one
movement and one staff it makes no difference. Except that with the
Score transposition you can specify "Global" and then you will also
transpose things like a title "Sonata in E minor", if using the
note-name E rather than the letter E (the Mulit-line text and music
editor let's you insert this).