Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting (or changing) barlines

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting (or changing) barlines
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 15:13:07 +0100

On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 15:40 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I've attached 2 screenshots where I've inserted barlines. The first
> screenshot shows the barline placed after the End Cadenza. The second
> screenshot shows the barline placed before the Start Cadenza.
>
> The barline placed after the End Cadenza does not print, but all others
> do.

Just looking again at your screenshots I can see the problem. You have
more than one staff and the other staffs have End Cadenza marks. These
all have \bar "|" embedded in them, and as (I guess) LilyPond sees the
music in descending column order those other \bar "|" will be seen last.

All this will be a thing of the past in tomorrow's build where there is
an explicit bar line accompanying the EndCadenza mark which you can
replace with your desired double barline. In your score you can place
the double barline after the EndCadeza in the lowest staff and all
should be well.

Richard