Re: [Denemo-devel] cross staff slurs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] cross staff slurs
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:40:03 +0100

On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 14:02 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I see...
>
> When creating the full score I used:
>
> Staffs/Voices->Add Staff->Add Staff for Instrument
>
> selected 'Plucked Strings' and Harp.denemo (in templates)
>
> So my score is already 'set'

a template is only a starting point. You will likely want to add voices
to the staffs - put the cursor on one of the two staffs and use Add
Voice. But if you do only have two independent voices then you just move
the voice to the other staff using Change Staff, which will leave blank
bars in the staff you moved from (naturally).

> I was wondering if there was a(n elegant) way to create these cross staff
> slurs in my harp part.

As I say, if they are genuinely cross-voice then I think the current
state of the art in LilyPond is that you have to fake the voicing,
keeping the notes that are slurred in one voice, while the real voice to
which a note belongs has non-printing rest.

I can create an example if you need it ... perhaps post up a picture of
what you want to typeset.

Richard