Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:28:35 +0000

On Thu, 2017-01-12 at 11:20 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 18:51 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > >
> > > I've done one of these as an example: you have to find the corresponding
> > > modern clef and set that in the script, install the LilyPond syntax for
> > > the clef and then fiddle with the gy value until the Gregorian Clef is
> > > on the right line (10 = 1 staff space) in the display.
> >
> > Oh, and also changing the glyph for the clef to use as the graphic in
> > the display. I've been looking these up in the Character Map tool
> > (they're in the Private Use Area in the emmentaler font) but I think
> > there should be an easier way - something that opens the emmentaler.ttf
> > and shows the characters for copying.
>
> Some Good News :)
>
> It occurred to me that a template could set the punctum as the snippet
> for note entry. So now New from the Gregorian Chant palette (or loading
> File->Open Standard Template->EarlyMusic->GregorianChant.denemo)
> now gives you a file with everything set up - just play in notes and
> they display and typeset as punctums (??? puncti???)
>
> A few other tweaks in the new version of the palette too ...
>
> Are there other things that could be tweaked in the display - those
> diamond shaped notes when a series of notes descend a scale???

I've added a sample to the template GregorianChant.denemo which are the
notes of the attached.
I don't know which extra bits of syntax are needed to get the thing
showing as other than a series of punctae.
The clef here, fa1 requires a baritone clef for the display which Denemo
didn't have, so I've added that too.