Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:48:47 +0000

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 20:51 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 11.01.2017 um 10:49 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > In that case, can you post the file
> >
> > events.txt
> >
> > from the (active) /tmp/Denemo_xxxxx/ directory
> >
> > and the contents of the LilyPond window?
> >
> > The events.txt has a list of all the note positions (line.column) in the
> > LilyPond text. The bump comes because the note chosen has a line.column
> > that is not inside the music in the LilyPond window...
> >
> > (To be quite sure: Start Denemo with no file and no print view window
> > open, enter the two bars of 1/4 notes. Then open up the
> > newest /tmp/Denemo_xxxx directory - it should be empty. Click
> > Playback->Playback View. It should get populated. Attached are are two
> > of the files I see. The .ly file is the one with \include
> > "live-score.ily" in it. The bug occurs when the LilyPond view has
> > reverted to the print view where \include "live-score.ily" should be
> > commented out.)
>
> I did as you described: Launch Denemo, select File > New, input eight
> quarter notes, the directory /tmp/Denemo_0O12TY is empty. Then I choose
> View > Playback and the directory gets populated. The contents of
> events.txt is very similar to what you posted, see attachment.

This all looks good - the first note in events.txt is a middle C (note
60 in MIDI) at line 21 column 9 in the denemoprintB.ly:

point-and-click 9 21    60

and indeed that is where the c'4 occurs in that file.

So the next step is to look in the LilyPond window and see if c'4 is
still at line 21. (The LilyPond window can get re-written and if that is
done wrongly there will be a miss-match).

So can you follow the same steps, get to the same point with that simple
events.txt file and then copy and paste the LilyPond window - you have
to drag with the mouse to select everything in the window.

I've just done this and all is well in my version - the line
\include "live-score.ily"
has become
%\include "live-score.ily"
so preserving the line numbering between the SVG version in the Playback
View and the PDF version in the Print View. I'm guessing that this step
is going wrong because (by some means obscure to me) you still have an
out-of-date version of PlabackView.scm.

Richard