Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:07:18 +0000

On Fri, 2017-01-13 at 22:23 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I get the following behaviour: First, there is no line with an
> include
> > in the lilypond view. When I enter playback view, the line
> > \include "live-score.ily"
> > appears, moving all following lines two lines down. The line numbers
> in
> > events.txt match the ones in the lilypond view (after moving down),
> i.e.
> > theoretically all should be well, but on clicking on a note I get
> the
> > "bump" sound anyway.

At this step, immediately open the LilyPond View window and see what is
present there? /include or %/include or nothing?
(as you click on a note head in the Playback View it is the data
displayed in the LilyPond View window that is being consulted to find
the Denemo object that is at that line/column).

>  When I quit the playback view and click on print
> > preview, the line with the include gets commented out as desired.

that means you do have the up-to-date PlaybackView.scm script executing,
since it the Denemo Directive that inserts the /include has been
modified to insert a comment, rather than deleted as in the older
version.

>  When I
> > close the print preview after that and activate playback view again,
> > get a dialog saying "Use the Print View or re-typeset. With some
> > guessing and experimenting I found out that I can do that by
> clicking on
> > "All Parts".

hmm, yes, it would make it more symmetrical with the Print View if there
were a "Typeset" button here that gave the options "All Parts" or
"Current Part" - the reason these buttons are so terse is that they make
the width of the window get larger which causes problems. There *are*
buttons in Print View that say "Part" and "Movement" and these are
matched by buttons saying "All Parts" and "Current Part". Thinking about
it the buttons in the Playback View could say "Part" and "Movement" just
as in the Print View, as the Playback View only typesets the current
movement, or the current part from the current movement.

But, back to the bug:
The remaining question is, is there something deleting the \include
"live-score.ily" directive - it should never be deleted once created. In
my simple example it is the first Directive, tagged "Temp" in the Score
directives - Score->Score Properties Editor
is that present forever in your score or does it come and go as you
switch between Print View and Playback View?