Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: Beaming]

From: Robin Henderson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: Beaming]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:20:22 +0000

Thanks Richard for this. I didn't realise there was a mailing list but I have now subscribed.

Joe makes some good points. Hyphen space works for me!

Good point too about chanting Psalms though I can't see why anyone would bother. My recollection from being a chorister (albeit 55+ years ago) is that there are conventions which choirs follow in order that the same words are sung at the same time. We had separate books containing the chants which were scored SATB and were of the same fixed format of ten notes (twenty for a double chant, alternate verses) and psalters containing only the words but with pointing marks to denote when to change note. This way any chant could be used for any Psalm or part thereof. Virtually anything can be sung this way provided of course that everyone follows the same chant and pointing rules. I used to have a recording (a 45) of a rendition of the Highway Code sung in this manner (but I digress).

Thanks & God bless.
..r

Re: [Denemo-devel] Beaming