Re: [Denemo-devel] Flexa

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Flexa
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:28:37 +0000

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 20:23 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> The Flexa command creates directives on two notes with different
> contents. Should both have the same tag, or should they have different
> tags? My thinking is that it might be better for further editing if
> they
> have different tags. Or am I overlooking something?

If you can both end a flexa and start a new one on the same note then
you need two tags (or be able to manage putting both end and start
syntaxes onto one directive).
If you don't need two tags, one (named after the command that creates
it) is generally good, since Denemo can then look up which command has
created the directive and hence explain it to a user. The creator of the
command can handle the question of whether the directive is a start or
an end (for example, they could include some scheme data in the
directive).
Naming tags after the command that creates them also means the user can
perform a tag-dependent edit on the directive (this used to be
accessible directly from right-clicking on the note, but now you have to
go to the Object Editor and click "Execute Commmand" for the directive
concerned ... is it worth putting effort into resurrecting the old
interface? (It was rather cryptic IIRC).