Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: PDF layout

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: PDF layout
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:45:07 +0000

On Fri, 2017-01-27 at 19:46 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> I went back to a previous version (that I hadn't meddled with too much,
> changing overall sizes and spacings between headings & staff, etc) and
> both methods worked well. And didn't waste space. And I think I
> understand about Custom Layouts a little more now. So thanks.
>
> It was just as well, however, that there were only 5 movements, as
> deleting the last staves in the fifth was only just possible. With the
> first and second deleted the third, fourth had come into view and were
> wholly visible and just the top of the fifth, just enough to delete it
> and the sixth (that then just came into view). Perhaps I need to adjust
> my vertical screen resolution!

No, I think you are just missing a trick - when you have finished with
one movement use the little triangular marker to collapse its frame, so
you only need one movement open at a time.
Nevertheless, if you have a large number of staffs I'm not sure the
interface will cope - it would need scroll bars to appear - hmm, I just
tried that - it *does* have a vertical scroll bar appearing. Is that
visible (right or left side), I tried 22 staffs in each of 19 movements,
all fine.

Richard