Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Segfault while copying and pasting

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Segfault while copying and pasting
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:00:33 +0000

On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 11:39 -0600, Rodney M. Bates wrote:

> I have 38 measures scored nicely.  I want to make a copy of it all, then
> paste twice
> after what I already have, as starting points for further edits.  Denemo
> segfaults when I try this method:
are you able to run it under gdb and print out the result of the where
command?

> edit->select->select all music in movement
> edit->copy
> place cursor at end, appending
> edit->paste
>
> Is this the wrong way?  This is 2.0.19, on Linux, using the .deb files.

I just tested out doing this on 38 bars of a single staff and that seems
to work fine (in fact, repeatedly testing I got up to 301 bars).
If you have more than one staff in your selection you need to create
empty staffs to match the pasting you wish to do. In fact, testing this
I see that if there is only one staff to paste into then the Paste
operation can hang - it seems to depend on the number of bars. I've
submitted a bug report for that.

Richard
ps are there lyrics involved? Would you like to post your file
(privately, compressed, if you like), just in case it is something
special in the content.