Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian palette

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian palette
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:04:44 +0000

On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 22:38 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Attached you find my palettes.xml with the new version of the Gregorian
> palette. Can you please have a look at the display glyph of the
> DivisioMaxima and Finalis commands? I did not know how to adjust it so
> that it spans the staff correctly. Moreover, I did not know how to use
> the Denemo font in the palette button label for DivisioMaior.

Thank you! I've put this in git. Adjusting the height of a graphic is
via the gy field. There is an interactive way to find the right value -
you insert an example and then run the Object Editor->Advanced to get to
edit the value in gy. The nice thing is, as you change the value the
display updates(*) and shows you what it looks like. Once you have the
right value for this specific example you need to write that value into
the script (at d-DirectivePut-chord-gy ...)

I think you were thinking about the size of the graphic in the display
for DivisioMaior. This is also alterable in the Advanced low-level
editor, it is the field called Graphic which is a string, starting with
an empty line then the name of the font, the size and then bold and
italic (if needed). The interface is horrible of course because it is
all on one line and it doesn't update until you have clicked "Ok" but
with a little trial and error you can get the right font-size. Again,
having found a good value you write it into the script - it looks like
this:

(d-DirectivePut-standalone-graphic tag "
⃒⃒
Denemo
44
bold")

for a 44 point character " ⃒⃒" (not sure the bold does anything on that
character actually).

HTH

Richard
(*)I think you need cursor highlighting on, ie cursor flashes