Re: [Denemo-devel] Postpone bar(check)s

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Postpone bar(check)s
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:27:32 +0000

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 11:54 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to enter a series of notes without bars, fiddle with
> durations, and then divide the whole series into measures?

yes, in fact that is the default in Denemo, it doesn't output bar
checks. The "bars" in the Denemo display are just to make the display
work, you can put as many or as few notes in a bar as you like. I'm not
sure if you can turn off the coloring (I think you might need to set
Cadenza Time to do that, then remove it at the end when you want to
re-bar).
When you want to re-arrange the notes to put them in the correct
(display) bars you can use the ReBar command.
The typesetting ignores Denemo's display bars unless you turn on
"Typeset barlines literally" which issues \bar "|" for each Denemo
"bar", and you could modify that command to issue a barline check
instead, |. (Only of use if you are looking at the LilyPond output &
warning messages).

HTH