Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes and other Customised commands have disappear

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes and other Customised commands have disappeared
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:57:16 +0000

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 16:57 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> It is my own fault, I know,

do not despair. You have to be quite techie to actually remove your old
preferences and palettes from you machine.

>  but I have just downloaded today's
> development version and then deleted the previous one.
previous one what? Deleting the previous installed version is not a
problem.

>  And probably
> responded incorrectly to a prompt, I guess. But now all my palette
> changes and keyboard commands have disappeared, and of course, I have
> deleted palettes.xml in the old version.

Not quite sure what you mean by that ...

> I assumed that the palettes would also be stored with the .denemo file,

with each score that you save (i.e. every xxxx.denemo that you create)?
No, palettes are stored in a directory that is named after the version
of the program you are running. This directory lives in your "home"
folder (on windows this is the one that also contains "Documents",
"Desktop", "Downloads" ...).

So all your previous settings will be still present in

$HOME\.denemo-2.0.xx\

where $HOME is C:\Users\....\yourname

and xx is the version you last used.

So, if you have just installed 2.0.25 you can

1) exit the program if still running.
2) go to your home directory and rename .denemo-2.0.25 as something else
and then
3) start your new 2.0.25 denemo. Say "Yes" to keeping your old stuff.

and all should be well.