[Denemo-devel] On-screen Piano Keyboard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] On-screen Piano Keyboard
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:31:22 +0100

Denemo now has an on-screen virtual piano keyboard. (In the Input Menu).
I was encouraged to create this after trying out the Simulated Midi
keyboard, and by the thought that touch screens are becoming widespread.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is not just a toy - you can
actually play tunes on it using the mouse to "pick out" the notes of the
tune. This is a more pleasant way than using the arrow keys/letter names
etc. on the PC keyboard.

The overnight build has failed last night, but as soon as you can try
this out please give feedback. Meanwhile there is documentation at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/denemomanual.pdf;hb=HEAD

under the section on Input Methods.