Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.1 chokes on migrating my 2.0.14 profile

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.1 chokes on migrating my 2.0.14 profile
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:01:30 +0100

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 19:58 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> As the subject states...
>
> It must be related to something I did today (like defining a function /
> shortcut?) since yesterday's profile migrates flawlessly.
>
> Profile and log attached.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
well, you *do* have a new command in your (local) Default.commands
It is this:

      <row type="scheme">
        <action>Play2</action>
        <menupath>/MainMenu/PlaybackMenu</menupath>
        <_label>Play2</_label>
        <_tooltip>Plays from start to end</_tooltip>
      </row>

So, to test, delete (carefully!) this from
~/.denemo-2.0.14/actions/Default.commands

delete ~/.denemo-2.1.3 (assuming it is the latest dev version you are
trying to upgrade to) and then start the 2.1.3 version of Denemo, accept
doing the upgrade and see if it runs. If it does it means there is a bug
in the upgrade code :(

If it does load ok then you get your new command back by right-clicking
on any menu item in the playback menu and Choosing More commands and
then choosing your new Play2.xml file, loading the command, not just the
short cuts.

Please let me know the result...

Richard