Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 19:20:40 +0200

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 12:30:37 +0100, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I've fixed this now, but it occurs to me that it might be worth a bug
> report to ask for the "listening to MIDI" to work also for the virtual
> keyboard and to entering notes via pc keyboard, if it was useful to
> someone.
> At the point where the note is about to be inserted, a check could be
> made (perhaps) to see if the Listening To MIDI was active and the note
> insertion abandoned at that stage.

I think it would be intuitive to expect the VK to behave identical to a
physical MIDI keyboard. This is already the case for the enharmonic
selection (which is part of the same Midi In Control!).

FWIW, when I enable Input > No external input, the input from the VK and MK
is still processed. Is that intentional?

-- Johan