Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 20:05:55 +0100

On Fri, 2017-09-08 at 19:20 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 12:30:37 +0100, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > I've fixed this now, but it occurs to me that it might be worth a bug
> > report to ask for the "listening to MIDI" to work also for the virtual
> > keyboard and to entering notes via pc keyboard, if it was useful to
> > someone.
> > At the point where the note is about to be inserted, a check could be
> > made (perhaps) to see if the Listening To MIDI was active and the note
> > insertion abandoned at that stage.
>
> I think it would be intuitive to expect the VK to behave identical to a
> physical MIDI keyboard. This is already the case for the enharmonic
> selection (which is part of the same Midi In Control!

Actually, it appears either in the MIDI In control panel or in the Audio
In control panel depending which is opened first. I didn't want to go to
the effort of re-parenting it to the on-screen keyboard panel ... but
now that I look at it, the actual menu commands for shifting the
enharmonic set *are* in the MIDI submenu, which is wrong as it stands.

> ).
>
> FWIW, when I enable Input > No external input, the input from the VK

yes, certainly ...
> and MK

no, not really, but there didn't seem to be any point in trying to
disable it (there was some problem with the program crashing - on
windows I think - when trying to shut down the MIDI in.

Richard