Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:53:22 +0000

Thank you! My apology for not being clear. I do have the most recent Denemo version 2.2, and I'm using Macbook Pro Sierra.

I referred to "insert dynamic marking' button located above the main score display. The screen issue I mentioned earlier also happens with other commands. Most recently when creating custom barline where each of the four required steps caused both the main Denemo and typeset screens to disappear and then reappear shortly after 5-10 seconds. Could this be an issue with my operating system? I also use Windows and Linux, so I plan to install Denemo on different systems and see if there's a different behavior there.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 4:28 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2017-09-17 at 01:27 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:

>  I'm enjoying the new 2.1 Denemo update.

Version 2.2 has been out since July, can you say which link you have
downloaded exactly?

> 2) I'm currently using Denemo on a Mac, and every time when I click on
> given tab (e.g., dynamics),

I'm not sure what you are referring to as a "tab" - is it a menu item in
a menu or a palette or ... what?

>  the Denemo window disappears completely (the program doesn’t crash,
> though). After I briefly visit other open programs, the Denemo window
> reappears once I come back to it. Not sure if this is typical in order
> to accommodate the computation…

No, it is not typical, and is certainly not because of any computations!
I think some systems (influenced by smartphones?) have started making
the popup windows full screen, hiding the main application window. I'm
not sure as I haven't got any of those systems myself. You can always
use the keyboard to activate any command or palette button if no other
means can be found to improve this behavior.

You don't mention the particular Mac version you have - others who have
the same system as you may comment if you give that information.