Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:17:16 +0100

On Tue, 2017-09-19 at 19:41 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> After spending some time with Denemo on a Mac, I decided to try it on
> a PC using Windows 10 operating system (64bit). I've been having some
> difficulties, I must say, overall making the program very unstable.

Did you remember to re-boot after installing?

>  Could it be because of my 64bit architecture, as opposed the provided
> 32bit Denemo version?
This has never caused a problem on Windows ...

> I also tried an alternative to use Denemo without installing, which
> didn't seem to work either. Lastly, I attempted to download and
> install the development version you shared with me in your last email,
> but the downloaded folder didn't want to extract, etc.

Exactly which file did you download? I can test out the same file,
however I have no access to a Windows 10 machine - perhaps others who
have can comment?

I notice that the nightly updates appear to have stopped on 11th of
September - I know that Jeremiah is working on a new method of building
for Windows, perhaps that is the reason.