Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac windows behavior (was Re: Proportional Notation)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:27:46 +0100

On Tue, 2017-09-19 at 19:41 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> how to manually adjust Lilypond code within Denemo?

There are two ways of inserting LilyPond syntax directly inside the
music. Here is the first (I give instructions as for a tutorial)

File->New
     1. Enter two notes (type c c)
     2. Move the cursor back to the last note from the appending
position (left-arrow)
     3. Select Directives->Insert LilyPond
     4. In the box type, e.g. "\clef tenor" without the quotes.
     5. The print view now shows the second note in the tenor clef.
     6. You can see the inserted syntax in View->LilyPond as  c'4 \clef
tenor  c'4 \AutoEndMovementBarline

The other method (really the same) is to open the LilyPond window and
move the cursor to the insertion point WITH THE ARROW KEYS (not the
mouse, using the arrow keys positions the Denemo cursor at the insertion
point) and then right click and choose Insert LilyPond Text.
This runs the same command as before, just that you are looking at the
LilyPond window as you work.

>  You mention creating custom commands?
>  Are you suggesting this would create custom buttons within a
> predefined palette or tools?

You can create custom commands in Denemo either as buttons in a palette
(either a new one of your own design or a default one) and you can
create custom commands as menu items in one of the menus (you can create
sub-menus as well). These new commands have the same status as the ones
that Denemo ships with - most commands in Denemo have been created this
way. The custom commands are scripts in the Scheme programming language,
but there are facilities for creating some scripts from within Denemo
(so you don't have to understand Scheme to create them). An example is
creating a command to insert a bit of custom LilyPond syntax - this can
be created from the example you have created thus:

     1. Move the cursor onto the Denemo Directive created in step 4
        above (it is marked as a line with a blob on top)
     2. Right click on it and choose "Create button for clone"
     3. Select a palette from the list or create a new one
     4. Type a label for the button
     5. The button now appears in the palette you chose, clicking it
        inserts a clone of the Denemo Directive object that inserts the
        LilyPond syntax.

You can also turn the script that the button runs into a menu item...