Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:08:12 +0000

I was able to successfully customize and modify the barline behavior. However, once a custom barline is introduced (e.g., dotted), it is repeated at the beginning of a new system. What would be the best way to avoid that? When regular (default) barline is used, the barline is not repeated at the beginning of a new system. I attached my practice score and Denemo file for your reference.

Thank you for your help!

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 4:30 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 19:36 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> While I was able to successfully create a custom barline (I gave it a
> name and inserted the Lilypond symbol four times as prompted), I can't
> seem to find a way to insert this newly created barline in music
> without using Directives->Insert LilyPond. Any advice? In other words,
> where can one find the command to insert the newly created custom
> barline?

Directives->Menu of Objects to Insert

this is an empty menu until you have created a custom barline. More
generally, if you create a Score->LilyPond Definition then you can
insert it via this command.

Otherwise as I wrote before:

     1. Move the cursor onto the Denemo Directive created in step 4
        above (it is marked as a line with a blob on top)
     2. Right click on it and choose "Create button for clone"
     3. Select a palette from the list or create a new one
     4. Type a label for the button
     5. The button now appears in the palette you chose, clicking it
        inserts a clone of the Denemo Directive object that inserts the
        LilyPond syntax.

You can also turn the script that the button runs into a menu item...

Via that route you could eventually arrive at a command with a single
keyboard shortcut that would insert your barline. (If you were doing all
that you would probably improve the way the barline displays itself in
the Denemo Display, so that you could recognize it more easily).

Richard