Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 11:57:19 +0000

It looks like I'm making progress here... Thank you! As you suggested, it's important to leave the symbol "blank" for the custom barline not to appear at the beginning of a new staff (when the barline is at the beginning.

I also want to thank you once again for all your help and patience. Considering the music I'm writing and engraving, I'm sure I'll be writing again with a question! :-) I'd also like to be of service in developing or testing Denemo, so don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do down the road.

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 5:01 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 16:56 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> Might it be possible to create pre-defined (built in) buttons to
> insert various Lilypond barlines in the next Denemo release, in
> addition to other barlines that Denemo comes with at the moment?

Well the number of such barlines is unlimited in LilyPond, the common
ones are all there as far as I know. You haven't said which one you
want ... you are aware that the dottted barline \bar "!" is available in
the Inserting Barlines menu? In the file you sent you had redefined it
thus

\defineBarLine "!" #'("!" "!" "!")

which says that you want it to be printed at system start, the default
definition is (I think)

\defineBarLine "!" #'("!" "" "!")

which omits it at system start.

HTH