Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Vertical Spacing

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Vertical Spacing
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 16:19:38 +0000

Thank you! Forgive me for asking again if this has been answered already. Is it possible to edit and modify the lilypond code (any line), such as the one I inquired about above, directly within Denemo? I opened the Lilypond window found in View => Lilypond, but couldn't figure out how to edit a line of code directly. That would be very helpful so I could continue using the newest Lilypond version despite code differences. I know I can do it when I click on a particular object in the score (e.g., barline), but how to go around the code that determines vertical spacing?

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:22 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2017-09-28 at 14:17 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> The following code works in 2.18: system-system-spacing #'padding = #6
> but not in 2.19. After I manually edited .ly file and changed the code
> to read system-system-spacing.padding = #6,  the vertical spacing was
> typeset correctly.

I see that the command that emits this syntax is

Command: System to System Padding
Allows control over the padding between successive systems down the
page. (A system is all the staffs representing the music at one time,
sometimes called a "line" of music).
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout ▶ Vertical
Spacing
Internal Name: SystemSystemPadding

I think it is the case that 2.18 supports the newer syntax, so it would
be possible to update the command ready for the 2.20 release of
LilyPond. I think there may be a lot more commands affected by this
syntax change. I'll file a bug report for this.