Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 11:33:03 +0000

My apology for writing again about this issue. Currently, I'm testing Solus 3 Budgie on Macbook Pro. Since Solus is not based on Debian, the only option to install Denemo on this Linux distro seemed to download a binary package for GNU Linux (http://denemo.org/downloads-page/) and execute the.sh file. I followed the instructions posted on the website as well as your advice listed below, but with no luck. I'm listing my steps below.
  • After I downloaded the binary package, I extracted it on the desktop.
  • I used terminal to move to the directory ~/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0
  • Then I entered ./Launch_Denemo.sh to execute the file.
  1. After pressing enter, I received the following list of messages in the terminal:
./Launch_Denemo.sh: line 10: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/live/fonts': File exists
./Launch_Denemo.sh: line 33: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/fc-cache: No such file or directory
./Launch_Denemo.sh: line 34: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/pango-querymodules: No such file or directory
./Launch_Denemo.sh: line 35: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo: No such file or directory

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. Many thanks!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:16 PM NagyMusic <address@hidden> wrote:
I was able to successfully install Denemo on Linux (Ubuntu) using the packages by Andreas Schneider (daily): http://www.denemo.org/~aschneider/

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 03:29 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> I just tried installing Denemo on Linux (Ubuntu 17.04 Budgie). I
> attempted to install the 2.2 version following the directions on the
> website, but none of them worked

There is more than one way of downloading and installing Denemo
described on the GNU/Linux systems on the website. Can you describe more
precisely what you did - which link did you use, and which instructions
you followed?