[Denemo-devel] [bug #52241] Articulations in Notes are no longer shown p

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #52241] Articulations in Notes are no longer shown properly
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 04:10:36 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #52241 (project denemo):

Actually I could activate version 2.2.0 as well following your advice.

> My problem that remains:
> I want to use my customizations (keyboard shortcuts, extended palettes)
> in the new version too:

You would have been invited to keep them had you not run the new version
before rebooting. By running the new version, before it crashed it had written
the default settings for the new version. Now when you run the new version it
sees you have already got settings so doesn't offer to re-load your earlier
ones. In other words, you have a slightly tricky situation as a knock-on
effect.
But all is not lost ...

> How can I transfer them to the new version?
> Is there a file which can be copied or something else ?

Yes, there is a folder (directory) of settings which is named

.denemo-2.2.0

in your home directory (something like C:\Users\reinhard)

You can either delete that and re-run the 2.2.0 version when you will be asked
about keeping the older settings (they are in .denemo-2.0.4, as Denemo never
deletes old ones). Or you can cherry-pick files from there (in particular
palettes.xml could be copied over as I think that would save having to chuck
out ones you don't want, though you would miss any new default palettes).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52241>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/