Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Repeat measures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Repeat measures
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 12:12:54 +0000

On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 10:21 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 09:59 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >

> > OK I tried it several times. Typical output in these two zip folders
>
> I did
>
> File->New
> entered an eight 1/4 notes (aka crotchets) scale (ie two bars)
> Dragged over the eight notes to select them
> Invoked the
> Notes/Rests->Note Insertion->Insert Percent Style Repeat
> Entered 4 for the number of repeats in response to the first dialog
> Entered 1 for numbering frequency in response to the second dialog
> Entered a whole measure rest at the end
>
> All worked as expected - see attached.
> What is puzzling is that when I wrote last I didn't mention the second
> dialog, and thought that the no-numbering-above the repeats was the
> default (and explained how to edit it at the low level). I'm not sure
> how I missed the second dialog that asks for the numbering frequency.

Ah, I have at least found the answer to this. It turns out that you only
get to choose the frequency of numbering for things like multiple-bar
repeats, I had tested a single-bar repeat. This is a bug, as the same
code e.g.

\set countPercentRepeats = ##t \set repeatCountVisibility =
#(every-nth-repeat-count-visible 2)

works for a single bar repeated.