Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo on Debian stable (ie Debian 9, Stretc

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building Denemo on Debian stable (ie Debian 9, Stretch)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:34:53 +0000

On Mon, 2017-12-11 at 20:39 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-12-11 at 20:58 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>
> > So I have no idea why it does not work at your machine. Does
> > config.log
> > contain a hint?
>
> Ah, thanks, I see in config.log a reference to the guile-1.8 that I
> was
> picking up from a LilyPond installation. Getting the PATH clean it
> now
> complains about having no guile-1.8. It builds and runs ok if I
> ./configure --enable-guile_2_0, though the start up is slower then.
>
> I will have to build guile-1.8 from scratch on this machine I
> think...

I have found another problem - it seems that installing portaudio19-dev
conflicts with other things in Debian Stretch (well, backport of Denemo
and a recent (?) Wine package at least).
Did you have to build portaudio19-dev separately or something to work
around that for your Stretch builds, or do you just not have any
packages installed that conflict?