Re: [Denemo-devel] SharpEye, PhotoScore, and Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] SharpEye, PhotoScore, and Denemo
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:43:56 +0000

On Fri, 2017-12-15 at 21:02 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:46:03 +0000, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I've just got to being able to try this out:
> >
> > and I get 16 pages before a cache error message causes "convert" to
> > give up. I can't see an option to skip the first 16 pages though
> > ... do
> > you have an idea how to process larger PDFs?
>
> I did not, but I do now (thanks Google):
>
>   convert 'file.pdf[16--1]' ...
>
> Basically, this means pages 16 through -1, which is taken to be the
> last
> page.

Thanks for this - on my version of convert -1 was taken as a signed
integer, but a large positive signed value did the trick.
The man pages for convert didn't cover that option, because, I think,
it is a general  imagemagick option and convert is just an imagemagick
utility. I don't recall ever knowing about imagemagick, let alone
convert ...