Re: [Denemo-devel] Tremolo between two notes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tremolo between two notes
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:26:58 +0000

On Sun, 2018-02-11 at 12:04 -0800, Marc Evans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very new to Denemo – I've been a Sibelius user all my life, and
> am trying to transition to free software to as great an extent as
> possible.
>
> I'm currently trying to engrave one of my scores, and I can't figure
> out how to do a tremolo between two notes.

I'm not sure what it is you want

There is this command:

Command: Insert Percent Style Repeat
Creates a repeat from the selection, typeset in \"percent\" style.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Note Insertion
Internal Name: PercentRepeat
which outputs the LilyPond syntax described here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/short-repeats

but I see that there is also something called tremolo-repeats here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/short-repeats#trem
olo-repeats

I experimented by taking a percent repeat (as in the above command) and
editing the syntax in the LilyPond window to replace \percent with
\tremolo and it came up with the attached, that is two half-notes to be
played as sixteenth notes alternating...

HTH